Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Senior Initiative and Promises dropped

Senior Initiative was nice, but a bit disappointing. Don't get me wrong, SI is a great way to end senior year (not to mention not having class past April), it just wasn't as fun as I wanted to be.

My initiative was in songwriting. Effectively I saw SI as a way to force me (us all) to do something we'd always wanted to but never had the time (or drive). It worked in a way, but didn't really.

My initiative was in music, I still had orchestra, chorus, a cappella, Becca's initiative (a musical theater showcase for which I was the musical director) not to mention every other club under the sun to deal with. Oh, and APs. I left SI kind of "done" with music, the one thing I didn't want to get out of initiative. For a time with no classes, I was over-musicked and overworked.

With regards to clubs,
I never wanted to be that senior who checked out at the end, and I didn't. But... it lost all pleasure. What I did, I did because I had to, not because I wanted to. The end result was that there were somethings above and beyond what I was expected to do, that I wanted to do, but just didn't get around to.

So, though I don't feel I let them down, I definitely feel I let myself down and that the school could have been better off if I had just tried a little harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment