Monday, May 25, 2009

Isolation

Of the blogs I have read and of the sentiments I perceive in my companions I am alone in this conviction.

I am enamored of isolation.

My entire life has been spent in isolation.

This has allowed me to become who I want to become without interference.

This is not to say I have not become attached to others.
This is not to say I have not let others in.

I am merely saying that only by oneself can you define yourself.

You cannot be strong in your convictions if you know not what they are.

This is why isolation is imperative to reflection, is imperative to growth

You cannot move through life without knowing who and what you are.


So, my advice to those reading my blog:
If you have not had a time of isolation,
If you have not had a time of reflection,

Take the time now

2 comments:

  1. I agree except that too much isolation can cause you to overthink everything. Once you've learned what your convictions are, once you can understand yourself, isolation can become a cage. I am familiar with this cage, it is safe and secure, but I've decided that I want OUT. Reflection is good but mirrors do not always tell the truth. As always, the agreement is there, it is just tinged by the differences in our approaches to social interaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete